All manuscripts should correspond to the genre of academic texts, its norms and style, and must be proofread.
There is no publication churge.
The volume of an scientific article should not exceed one author list (40 000 symbols). For critical publication of source-text the recommended volume is 60 000 symbols. Reviews and information notes must not exceed a half of an author list (20 000 symbols).
All texts (except information notes) must content:
- a list of references;
- information on the author (name, surname, academic status, place of work (academic institution with official address), e-mail);
- abstract of the article (200–250 words);
- keywords (no more that 10).
- Reference tools and list of reference must fulfill the almanac requirements.
Rules for texts
Texts should be saved in docx, doc or rtf formats with automatic page references
- The symbol of reference goes before a punctuation mark
- Only «» are used as quotation marks, and British inverted marks “ ” are used for inner quotations
- There is a space character between name initials and surname
- To show little gaps in quotations use three dots: «… he saw a man», «The queen was there…». Is there are gaps of sentences or more use […]: «… he saw a man» […] The queen was there»
Page references are given according to Russian standards (GOST-7 and GOST Р 7.0.5-2008).
There are several general rules:
- no italics is used
- Commas are used only to delimit several authors, publisher, the year of publication and several places of publications.
- In other cases use full stop marks.
- Use // as “in”-mark
- Use / to give comments about editor, translator or publication numbers.
- Series and volume of the series in given in brackets after the bibliographical description.
- To mark editors use the following abbreviations: Ed. by (English), Éd (French), Hrsg. von (German), Ed. (other languages)
- To mark pagers us S. for German and Р. for English and Roman languages.
- To mark volumes use the following abbreviations: Vol. (Enlish, Latin), T. (French), Bd (German)
- For periodical volumes and numbers of journal go after the year, for non-periodical this information is put before the place of edition.
- All titles of non-latin alphabet should be translited according to BGN standard with translation to English given after in square brackets. Literature in Russian could be given in original language.
When use refer to a book, article or source for the first time, give full bibliographical description:
Brandt G. W., Hogendoorn W. German and Dutch Theatre, 1600–1848. New York; Cambridge, 1993.
Nekrasova I. A. Religioznaya drama i spektakl’ XVI–XVII vv. [Religious drama and performance in the 16–17th centuries], Saint-Petersburg, 2013.
Several volumes (number of volume is places before the place of publication):
Briedwechsel der Brüder Ambrosius und Thomas Blaurer 1509–1548 / Hrsg. von Badischen Historischen Kommission; Bearbeitet von Traugott Scheiss. Bd 1. 1509–1538. Freiburg, 1908.
Article in non-pereodical:
Dietl C. Neo-latin Humanist and Protestant Drama in Germany // Neo-Latin Drama in Early Modern Europe / Ed. by J. Bloemendal, H. Norland. Leiden, 2013. Р. 103–185.
Article in pereodical
Könneker B. Luthers Bedeutung für das Protestantische Drama des 16. Jahrhunderts: Geschichte und Heilsgeschichte in Bartolomäus Krügers Newer Action von dem Anfang und Ende der Welt // Daphnis. 1983. N 12. S. 316–320.
For original sources, printed books of the early modern period, manuscripts and editions of sources the full name of the author is given and information about the editor, if there is.
Martin Luther. Ein sermon von Ablaß und Gnade. Wittenberg, 1518.
Эразм Роттердамский. Похвала глупости / Под ред. С. П. Маркиша; Пер. П. К. Губера. М., 1960.
George Whetstone. Dedication to The right excellent and famous Historye of Promos and Cassandra, 1578 // URL: http://www.bartleby.com/359/3.html (12.10.2014)
After the full description is given, use shortened ones as here:
Brandt G. W., Hogendoorn W. German and Dutch Theatre.
Dietl C. Neo-latin Humanist and Protestant Drama in Germany. Р. 180.
Könneker B. Luthers Bedeutung für das Protestantische Drama… S. 12.
Briedwechsel der Brüder Ambrosius und Thomas Blaurer 1509–1548. Bd 1. S. 20.
George Whetstone. Dedication to The right excellent and famous Historye…
Martin Luther. Ein sermon von Ablaß und Gnade.
If you cut subtitles (after , or :), use full stop mark. If you cut title, use free dots (…)
Lists of references
Because of different technical requirements of metabases, all articles should be provided with two reference lists.
The first is made according to GOST-7 and the second according Scopus recommendations.
The lists include complete information about all sources and literature used in the article.
You should provide information of page range (for articles), page count for books and edited books and publishers for non-periodical editions.